Living in the South

Life in the South

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Wow!! The Holidays Are Upon Us!!



It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is one week away!!  Where has the year gone?  Well, let's see.. this time last year my daughter and I were preparing for our trip to New York City for 5 days of shopping.  That didn't all go as planned as far as the situation at home, but we did shop until we dropped.  If we go again Enola will definitely be pushing me around NYC in a wheelchair!  It was great getting away with my then 23 year old daughter and it's an experience we will never forget.  Also, I now have a "for real" Tiffany box with an overpriced silver ring in it.  But hey, it's real Tiffany and that box sure is a pretty shade of blue on display in my bathroom.

Valentine's Day my daughter became engaged and shortly afterwards realized she was pregnant.  What a rough 5 months of watching her throw up! lol  Brought back so many memories of my pregnancy with her.  I was actually nauseated right along with her, but thankfully, didn't actually throw up.  Bottom line on that situation is I have a beautiful little granddaughter that was born the day before my daughter's birthday.  Little Ava looks just like Enola did 24 years ago and since we were in the same hospital where Enola was born I was experiencing some major flashbacks!!  For a few hours I thought I was losing my mind and couldn't figure out if I was holding baby Enola or baby Ava.  Sometimes it tough being such a sensitive person... (okay, crazy person). lol  But seriously, what joy Ava is bringing into all of our lives.  Needless to say I'm about to have a new son-in-law whom I love very much.  Enola, Ava, & Chris make a beautiful little family unit.

I lost my dearest companion of nearly 14 years on May 6th when Prince Brutus Crow passed away.  It's been six months and I still ache for that little red Doxie!!  Hey, at least I only cry over him about once a week now instead of numerous times a day.

A great thing in my life is the fact my Mom and I are back together!!  She and I should get together and write a book about Dysfunctional Families.  I bet it would be a best seller and Dr. Phil would ask us to appear on his show.   Hey at least our family being so dysfunctional saved us all money on Christmas Presents!

Speaking of Christmas, Jordan gave me his list.... Apple iPad, Apple iPhone, blah, blah, blah.  He's 14 and 1/2 and I told him he needs to get a job if he wants all of those things.  He keeps talking about the 2012 Mustang he wants when he turns 16 and when I explain to him that I can't afford a car like that he simply points out to me that it will be 2 years old when he turns 16 and much cheaper to buy.  Here again, SON, GET A JOB!! 

I have been sewing curtains and crafting all sorts of things the past couple of months.  Of course, earlier in the year I was sewing for Ava and crocheting little hats and such.  Recently, I've been into making decorative monograms.  I have so many C's in my house I'm beginning to think it's a subconscious reminder to never get married again and change my last name.  Some of us just have to make more mistakes than others before we get the message.  That's something else I should write a book about... Marriage and Divorce.... REPEATEDLY .. How to Avoid the Fat Rat Bastards in life.  Sorry, hope this doesn't offend anyone....

Hope all of you are more prepared for Christmas than I am.  If I wait too much longer I might just have to take down all these burlap curtains I've made and wrap them up as Christmas gifts.  If your name starts with a "C" I can always pull one of my new monograms off the wall and wrap it.

Give me a shout and let me know how you are handling the approaching holidays.

Nanette Crow
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment